Admiring the stunning views before reaching Euro Ridge in the distance. | Ayla Rowe
With so many different ways to experience the Larapinta Trail how do you know which one is for you? Read on to find the best Larapinta walk suited to you.
Guided Walks - small groups led by our expert guides
Guided walks are perfect for those who like to travel in groups and meet new people along the way. Your guide will be a great source of information and be able to fill you in about points of interest on the trail. All of are guided walks are fully supported and catered for, allowing you to walk with just a day pack so you can enjoy the unique and diverse landscape for which the trail is so famous. Larapinta Experience in Comfort - 3 Days
– perfect for a long-weekend away
On this ‘sampler’ of the Larapinta Trail you will stay at our comfortable semi-permanent campsites and enjoy a selection of the best walks from Alice Springs to Orminston Gorge.
Classic Larapinta Trek in Comfort - 6 Days
- our most popular Larapinta walk and one of the Great Walks of Australia
Stay in our comfortable semi-permanent campsites each night, and take in the highlights between Alice Springs and Mt Sonder. Finish the walk with a climb to Mount Sonder enjoying the sunrise with a cup of tea in hand.
Images: Semi-permanent campsites on our featured Great Walks of Australia 6 day Classic Larapinta Trek in Comfort and 3 day Larapinta Experience in Comfort
Best of the Larapinta Trail - 9 Days
– all the highlights and more.
The ideal walk for those who want to see more but don’t want to complete the full 14 day walk – stay in wilderness campsites and have more time to explore and soak up the beauty of Central Australia.
Larapinta End to End - 14 Days
– the full 223km for wilderness lovers and seasoned walkers.
The full length walk – all the stages, all the highlights, and everything in between from stages 1 to 10, staying in wilderness campsites. An excellent walk for wilderness lovers and the seasoned walker, with a great sense of reward when the full 223kms has been reached!
Benefits of Guided Walks
- Interpretation from guides about points of interest along the way
- Meeting other like minded travellers
- Carry only a daypack
- Have all your meals prepared by your guides
- Off-road transport to and from Alice Springs
- National Park and camping fees included
Self Guided Walks – For the independent traveller
Self guided walks are ideal for the more confident and independent walker and are for those who are keen to complete the walk on their own with the added convenience of support and backup. Save yourself the hassle and have all your transfers, gear, support and backup and more organised for you – so all you have to worry about is enjoying the walk! 3 Day Self Guided Walk
- the ideal introduction to self guided walks choosing your 3 favourite sections to explore. 6 Day Self Guided Walk
- explore 6 consecutive sections of the Larapinta Trail and experience some of the trails' highlights with your own customised itinerary. 9 Day Self Guided Walk
- walk nine sections of the Larapinta Trail for a challenging and fulfiling self guided desert walk. 12 Day Self Guided Walk
- walk the entire 12 sections of the Larapinta Trail for the ultimate walking challenge.
Benefits of Self Guided Walks
- Design your walks and choose the consecutive sections you want
- Perfect for those that love real adventure and carrying a full pack
- Save yourself the hassle of researching and leave it to the experts
- Hundreds of dollars worth of gear included
- Transfers to the start and from the finish of your walk included
- Emergency support and advice from our local crew
- National Park and camping fees included
Private Groups & Family Travel - customise your Larapinta walking adventure
Private group and family travel allows your own group of friends, family, club or association members to embark on a specialised adventure holiday, where you’ve chosen the destination, date of departure and special features so that it is tailor made to achieve the objectives you desire from your holiday. Our expertise helps makes your adventure come to life - literally!
Benefits of Private Groups
- Design your own adventure by using our knowledge to create a private group trip that suits your schedule, budget, style and personal interests.
- Organise your own group trip with the help of our adventure experts
- Soak up the beautiful Red Centre surrounded by loved ones and friends