The Northern Territory offers the best walking trails in Australia. The iconic trails include the Larapinta Trail in the outback Red Centre desert, the Jatbula Trail in the Top End and trails through international renowned Kakadu National Park also within the Top End. The ancient landscapes, cultural history, water holes, wildlife and flora are spectacular and cannot be found or experienced anywhere else in Australia. The Northern Territory offers a wide range of walking trails, with different terrains and challenges, its magnificent scenery is a delight to walk through.
Australian Walking Holidays has a range of walking adventures in the Northern Territory, from small professionally guided groups camping under the stars or staying at exclusive comfortable semi-permanent campsites with facilities including hot showers. Or you may wish the flexibility and support of a self-guided walk on your own or with a group of friends, we have several self-guided options to explore.
Book your Northern Territory walking trip this year and receive a great offer!
The Larapinta Trail - Red Centre
This trail is one of the 13 Great Walks of Australia and is located just out of Alice Springs. The length the trail spans 223kms across the West MacDonnell Ranges and is divided into 12 different sections that can take between 12-14 days to complete. Camp under the Milky Way or indulge in comfort at our exclusive campsites along the trail. It is an unforgettable walk in Australia's Red Centre.
Book before 31 July 2018 and walk the Larapinta for 6 days or more departing before 30 September 2018 and you will receive a $250 Wild Earth gear voucher* per person - hurry it's for the first 300 walkers. Walk the Larapinta Trail in style this season. the Quote Larapinta Walks promo code: LarapintaNT18
New campsite on the Larapinta Trail
Just in time for this season, an additional fourth campsite is open on the trail. Our exclusive award-winning, semi-permanent, eco-friendly campsites feature sheltered communal areas with full kitchen serving 3 course meals, lounge and dinning area, hot showers and off-ground beds in safari style walk-in sleeping tents with floor to ceiling windows, allowing the outback to be viewed in all its beauty. Enjoy the comforts of our campsites whilst walking the trail by day.
Self-guided Larapinta Trail Walks
Our self-guided Larapinta walks provides all the support needed with the flexibility. Suited to more confident walkers, who enjoy being more self-sufficient and travelling at their own pace and who appreciate the logistics – such as lightweight food, equipment, maps and transfers to and from the trail – being organised for them. Choose the trail sections you wish to walk between 3 and 12 days.
Trek for 6 days or more on a self-guided walk and receive the Larapinta Trail walks offer*.
Explore Northern Territory’s most popular walking trails in the Top End. Traverse the ancient landscapes discovering the rock art galleries, waterfalls, bird life and take a dip in the inviting (crocodile free) water holes. Admire the breathtaking views whilst walking through the Kakadu National Park, the Arnhem Land Escarpment, Stone Country and enjoy a sunset cruise on the picturesque Yellow Water billabong. Book before 31 July 2018 on the Jabula Trail or Kakadu Walking Adventure departing before 30 September 2018 and you'll save 10%. Quote Top End Walks promo code: TopEndNT18
Check out our Northern Territory trips below.
*Terms and Conditions:
- Applies to these selected Australian Walking Holidays 6 days or more trips: Classic Larapinta Trek in Comfort (LAR), Best of the Larapinta Trail (LA9), Larapinta End to End (LAC), Larapinta 6 Day Self-Guide Trek (LS6), Larapinta 9 Day Self-Guide Trek (LS9), Larapinta 12 Day Self-Guide Trek (LSG), Larapinta Challenger Trek (LCT), Jatbula Trail (JAT) and Kakadu Walking Adventure (KAK)
- Valid for new bookings made between 29 June – 31 July 2018 for trips departing before 30 September 2018.
- Larapinta Trail Walks offer is book a Larapinta trip of 6 days or more and receive a $250 Wild Earth gear voucher per person for the first 300 walkers.
- Top End Walks offer is book a trip on the Jatbula Trail (JAT) or Kakadu Walking Adventure (KAK) and save 10% off per person.
- Discount applicable to base tour price only and will not be applied to seasonal surcharges or supplements which will be isolated from the base price when applying the discount.
- Offer does not apply to exclusive or private departures.
- Offer is for direct and agent bookings and is subject to trip availability and trip minimum numbers being met.
- Cannot be taken in conjunction with any other offer by any company in the World Expeditions Travel Group (World Expeditions, Tasmanian Expeditions, UTracks, Sherpa Expeditions, Adventure South NZ, Trail Journeys, Great Canadian Trails, Huma Charity Challenge, Sherpa Van or World Youth Adventures)
- Offer is not redeemable for cash.
- To redeem, quote promo code TopEndNT18 (Top End Walks) LarapintaNT18 (Larapinta Walks) on your (online or paper) booking form.